Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 17, 2014

What's For Breakfast? + Song of The Day: Fill My Cup, Lord (CRC Worship)




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4l2yY2r95g


Matthew 4:2-4 NIV

After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”   Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’  ”

Wondering why you are living but never feel truly alive? The solution you seek is in a diet change. You need a balanced diet for your entire being and this diet is what Jesus gives insight to in the verses above "Man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that comes out of the mouth of God".

There was a time when I was stagnant, and even dropping in my walk with God and God re-explained Galatians 6:7&8(NKJV) to me:

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life"

The emphasis here is not on offering and tithes, its on how to properly invest in order to reap the life only God can give. Do not be deceived, there's no other way around it. Its not by crying or meeting 1000 pastors. Simply change your diet!

Pastor Faith Oyedepo once told me that before she has her physical breakfast, she feeds on Gods word, and over the years I've been able to appreciate that principle in my own life. I won't pretend that I've stayed with it strictly every single day since then, but I definitely have seen first hand the importance of binging on Gods Word.

The table is set (Psalms 23:5), Bon Appetite!

Remember to Be Spekky on this first day of the week, Be Spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment