Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 10, 2014

Open Up!




Letting people in or letting them get close to the point of seeing you for who you really are, is one of the hardest things ever. What if they get close enough to see your unhealed wounds? What if they can’t handle your not so beautiful elements? What if they are more in love with the “you” they thought they knew from afar? And worst of all, what if they bring to light the things you hated about yourself and thought you had dealt with?
Their closeness and their inability to handle the burden of your imperfection can be absolutely disheartening and condemning, leaving you hopeless.

A few years ago I went into a relationship with Someone, and based on my numerous interactions with people I instinctively held back. I wasn’t going to risk Him seeing my imperfections, NO WAY! So he could hurt me like the rest? No way! But for the first time in my life I was absolutely wrong. Over and again he asked me to open up and I would hide because He was flawless. Why would someone so perfect stay after seeing me for me? After all, everyone I had thought could handle my transparency couldn’t even when they tried, so why would He?

 I heard once about a lady who had a similar (much more intense and literal) experience. (John 8:3-11 MSG):

The religion scholars led in a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They stood her in plain sight of everyone and said, “Teacher, this woman was caught red-handed in the act of adultery. Moses in the law gives orders to stone such persons. What do you say?”…Jesus bent down and wrote something with his finger in the dirt. They kept at him, badgering. He straightened up and said, “The sinless one among you, go first: Throw the stone.” Bending down again he wrote some more in the dirt. Hearing that they walked away, one after another beginning with the oldest. The woman was left alone. Jesus stood and spoke to her “Woman where are they? Does no one condemn you?” “No one Master.” “Neither do I. Go your way from now on do not sin.”

AMAZING RIGHT?

Also with Simon Peter Jesus foresaw his repeated denial of Him (John 13:38), but instead of condemning him helped him back up and gave him responsibility over what He cherished most on earth (John 21:15-17), He helped him up and gave him a clean slate.




He has said to me over and again:

I took you from the ends of the earth. from its farthest corners I called you, I said ‘You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not rejected you: So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ (Isaiah 41:9&10).

Jesus will never condemn you, He knows that you see your mess and that you have struggled in vain to clean it up. He won’t beat you up about how you’ve failed to change over and again, instead if you allow Him, He will help you, clean you up, hold your hands and give you the power to be right. I can’t help but be in love with Him, He is absolutely amazing!

*Singing* Mercy said no I’m not gonna let you go, I’m not gonna let you slip away, you don’t have to be afraid…(Mercy Said No by Cece Winans).

As always Be Spekky...Be Spectacular!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment