Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 28, 2014

Appreciate The Phase + Song of The Day: Count it All Joy (Bebe & Cece Winans)



As a child I wanted to grow up super-fast and make my own decisions. All the adults seemed to be free to do whatever they wanted and I was not. I remember telling my Parent's several times in impatient desperation "I can't wait till I grow up" and they would tell me to savour every moment of my childhood because one day I would miss it. I could not see how that was possible then, but I see now.

I miss the beauty, the simplicity and the trustworthiness of the world I saw through my eyes then, and I am sure one day in the future I will look back at this present time and miss the beauty and uniqueness present at this stage of my life. "There is a time for everything" Ecc3:1 and "He makes everything beautiful in its time" Ecc3:11. Savour and maximize now, because today's beauty is now. Your eyes may not be mature enough to see today's beauty today, but someday not too far off you will see it and be thankful.

I definitely do not want to be a child again, but my childhood was beautiful in its time and my entire being will forever be grateful to God for that.

 Be Spekky...Be Spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment