Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Vision + Song of The Day: Be Thou My Vision (4 Him)



Vision is the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom while Ambition is a strong desire to do or achieve that vision.

What is your vision, what is your ambition?
Personally I have had several dreams since I was a child. At first I wanted become a doctor so I could find the cure to HIV/AIDS, then a little later I wanted to become an Architect because I was good at Technical Drawing so I went into T.D Class and honestly didn't feel fulfilled. Truth be told I never sought Gods will in going there, I just imposed my desire on Him and asked Him to bless it.
After being miserable for a while there, I cried out to God for help and in an unusual way, one which did not seem to be a blessing at the time (Will talk about this in detail in another post), He made it possible for me to switch to The Arts, which ultimately made it possible for me to study Mass-communication for my Undergraduate Degree and then Film and Television Studies for my Masters.

However in as much as this was in line with His will, I did not discover my true vision and ambition until when I was doing my Masters. It was then that God opened my eyes to see that He was the One I was truly seeking all my life. Yes I had things I wanted to achieve, but deep down inside I wanted to achieve those things to make Him proud.
I had achieved success before but they never gave me the satisfaction I somehow knew was meant to be the satisfaction for true success.
On a particular morning, God took me in hindsight through my whole life and showed me how he had been there for and with me, even at times when my still growing mind could not perceive it.

Looking back, I could clearly see His hand upon me, His love, I could see how He carried and shielded me even when I when I did not have the intellectual sophistication to request for His presence in such a way. Then He explained Matt6:33 to me in yet another way. He told me that He had cared for me in totality even when I could hardly grasp what that meant. He had provided everything I needed even when I did not know what my true needs were, had revealed Himself to me even when I did not know exactly Who I was seeking, and that in sight of all this I should give myself over completely to seeking Him, following hard after His will because "I've got you". In other words don't let all those ambitions occupy your mind, I have taken care of them all..Let Me be your ultimate..You will be who I created you to be (Psalms25:12), just stay focused on Me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aurILJtBA4U
The song for today says it all. I was introduced to it by my Parents who used it to dedicate their Marriage to the One who instituted the institution. "Be Thou my vision" is my constant request to God, because there are many times I loose sight of what is truly important and my World is in a mess, but then He focuses my gaze and everything is alright once again.
"I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings , becoming like Him in His death, and so somehow to attain the resurrection from the dead."(Phil 3:10&11)
Looking for that 'something' that is missing in your life? Focus your gaze on Him, and that dissatisfaction will be taken care of.

Be Spekky...Be Spectacular
(Matthew 5: 14-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment