Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Towards Christmas 14 (Series Finale): All for Love + Song of The Day: Amazing Love (Toluwani)



On Sunday during my family fellowship time after service, I was reflecting on the entire "Toward Christmas Series" and the things God had revealed to me during the process of writing it. Things that I had been blown away by. Then God whispered to me "Love is THE reason". At first I was like "Father..I knew that already..."especially considering the fact that I memorized John3:16 since I was a child.
He then explained to me that I hadn't gotten the point He was emphasizing.
He told me that He took me from the "Fall of Man" through the other things that were shared during this series right up to this point of John3:16 in emphasis so that the gravity of man's fall could be clearly seen (i.e everything we lost) and as a result clearly see the solution Jesus coming would bring to the World.

So yes! Jesus needed to be born to restore our sanity, to take off the burden from off our backs, to take that same burden that we could not carry upon Himself, to show us that through the Spirit of God perfection is possible in our mortal bodies, to serve as Gods sceptre of mercy and to ultimately save us from everlasting death by making us more than champions through His resurrection!
But....


The fact is (in Nigerian terms) "He took Panadol for Man's headache". His life did not depend on our salvation, His being God was not changed by our fall. Our lives depended on His benevolent and love inspired intervention!

God could very well have called a meeting in Heaven and said "Let us allow man run their presently miserable course of existence till they get to the ultimate point of perishing for all if eternity. Afterall they where warned about the consequences of their sin beforehand".
But He didn't
He could have washed His hands off our case just like Pilate did in Jesus' case (Matt27:24).

Pilate would not put himslef on the line for an innocent Jesus, but God put Himself on the cross for guilty me and guilty you to redeen us (John3:16)! Why???

Well, the reason is unfathomable yet simple. The reason is LOVE (1John3:16)!

John 3:16-18 MSG

“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have

John 3:16-18 MSG

“This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

Love is the reason for the season (John4:16), and there is no greater love than this. I still can't wrap my head around it because of how unfathomable it is. The world and the devil can never love you or me like this, it is impossible for them.

I may not be able to fathom this love, but I receive Jesus, the gift of God's love and all that His coming as restored and brought to life with open arms (1John4:16, John1:12&13).

1 Corinthians 13:1-10 MSG

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love. Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end. Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

This is the God kind of Love! Jesus' coming and His ultimate sacrifice was fuelled by love!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Be Spekky...Be Spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment