Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas: Shine The Love + Songs of The Day: Emmanuel (Norman Hutchins) & Without Love (Cece Winans)


Dear Spekkite,

Merry Christmas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av1omSNOFwE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
For the first time ever in my life I have seen clearly the priority of love in this season! As I wrote in yesterday's post, I knew vaguely but this year my eyes were opened by God to see it much more vividly, and I am all the more grateful for Jesus!

So in sight of all this love, what are we supposed to do?

When our loving is intact? (For God first and then for others) our lives before God are totally perfect.

From 1Cor13 its obvious that anything done outside love is not counted by God. Love for God and for others has to be the fuel for every single thing we do!

Why do you want to stop sinning? Is it because you you want to be able to be boast about how holy you are? Or because you love God and know He can't stand it? Cos you know the price He paid to reconnect you to Him?

Why do you want preach? So people will say "hmmm deep"? Or because you love Jesus and you know He wants you to feed His sheep so that as many as can be will be saved.

Why do you give to Charities and the like?
Is it so people will add "Philanthropist" to your name? Or so they'll say "ooo..such a kind hearted soul".

All these motives might do some good to the recipients, but all you will ultimately reap from it will be vanity! And that would be a tragic waste.

Just like Jesus did with Peter, He will only endorse you to handle the things most important to Him, when your love for Him is without question. And...when you love Him you will definitely love His sheep!

I will be totally honest...over the last year God has been asking me "Toluwani, do you love me". The question was coming so often that I started feeling that I was imagining things, so I started ignoring the question!

Then on one afternoon a friend of my mum's sent me a message telling me that God asked her to tell me just like peter.."lovest thou me".. I cried and realized it was God all along! ?

Now everything is falling in place because truthfully not everything I did was fuelled by my love for God or for others..a lot of it centred around me even though I thought it was the other way around.

So now my prayer now is "Father plug me into you unlimited source of love, because I can definitely not do it like You do it without You".
I truly am excited about the transformation I know God will bring.
Please join me in this Love Baptism journey, I can already see how amazing it will be!

Please read and meditate upon the scriptures below. Unlearn everything you know about love and life and let Him teach you line upon line and precept upon precept! (Isaiah28:10)

Luke 10:27 NIV

He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”


John 21:15-17 NIV

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”  “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”    Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”  He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”    The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”  Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

1 John 4:7-12 MSG

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God. My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeqDgGOJUUQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Merry Christmas once again, SHINE THE LOVE!!!

Be Spekky...Be Spectacular!
(Matt5:13-16)


No comments:

Post a Comment