Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 8, 2014

Towards Christmas 6: Mercy Said "NO"!


"When Jesus, God's Son said, 'Let this cup pass from Me' (Matt26:39), the Father could have done so. God could have said, 'I will not bring all the sin of fallen humanity on the One righteous person who has walked the earth since the Garden of Eden.' However, His mercy and enduring compassion was greater than what was about to happen to His son.
Mercy overcame." (Extract from the book "Mercy: The Divine Rescue of The Human Race" by Kenneth Copeland).

Yesterday morning during my family fellowship I shared about the things God had been teaching me on Jesus' coming and how humbled I am about Jesus' sacrifice. I sang the song shared below. Before I got to the end, I broke down weeping, the significance of everything Jesus did struck me in my spirit and I cried in intense gratitude. Please be blessed by the song which was originally sang by Cece Winans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUz2_oXCUuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
God's mercy put up a fight for me, even when I couldn't be bothered... I do not know what else to say. The thing about mercy is that the recipients of it are totally undeserving..its so amazing.
By Gods grace we will go into it in greater detail tomorrow.

Be Spekky....Be Spectacular!
(Matt5:14-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment