Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 12, 2015

We Need to Chill! + Song of The Day: As The Deer Pants (Toluwani Obayan Cover)


Luke 10:38-42 MSG

As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed him and made him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word he said. But Martha was pulled away by all she had to do in the kitchen. Later, she stepped in, interrupting them. “Master, don’t you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand.” The Master said, “Martha, dear Martha, you’re fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it’s the main course, and won’t be taken from her.”

I got to work this morning and was tired...I knew I was supposed to post something on this blog, but honestly felt too tired...I opened my Bible and searched for something God would show me so I could share it, but I still felt tired..and I was like "Father it is to your glory that I have something to share, but I just don't seem to have the strength"...Then very gently He spoke to my Spirit telling me to calm down and come to Him just for the sake of being with Him. He told me to forget everything I wanted to do to His glory and just come to Him for the Love of being with Him.
He spoke to me just like He spoke to Martha, and His peace and Joy enveloped my heart..His soothing calm refreshed my soul, and I fell even more in love with Him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnIJ6l__Lg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
The truth is my spending time with Him out of a sincere desire to love him more intensely and love Him more intimately is the key to me actually glorifying Him. Me going about it in any other way will leave me fruitless and frustrated....all vanity! Check out the verses below..they're pretty self explanatory.


John 15:4-8 MSG

“Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me. “I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.

I'm so humbled by Gods mercy..cos there are so many times I feel I know already and yet He opens my eyes to see how much I don't know and then teaches me what I should know. Abiding in Him is definitely the key to living with His life flowing through our veins spirit, soul and body..Loving Him right, loving the people He has created...its all made easy by His sufficient grace (Phillippians4:13).

Just had to share this because I feel many of us are likely to have struggled or still be struggling with bouts of exhaustion...Relax and abide in Him.

Be Spekky...Be Spectacular!
(Matt5:14-16)1


2 comments:

  1. No weariness or feelings of being heavy laden in Jesus. He gives us rest as He has promised. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete